Capital Humane Society
The Capital Humane Society began in 1902 as the Lancaster County Humane Society. The Society's mission focused on the prevention of cruelty to children and horses. Around 1907 the services expanded to include a variety of animals. In the Spring of 2004, renovation was completed on the new Spay/Neuter Vet clinic at the shelter. We are now able to spay and neuter all animals going into the adoption program. In 2013 the Pieloch Pet Adoption Center was opened. This facility is an extension of Capital Humane Society and is an adoption only facility located in a high profile shopping center in Lincoln. To fulfill the promise of animals, the Capital Humane Society shelters animals, protects animals and teaches compassion and respect.