The Bruce Museum promotes the understanding and appreciation of art and science to enrich the lives of all people. Originally built as a private home in 1853, in 1908 the property was bequeathed by Robert Moffat Bruce to the Town of Greenwich. In time, growing audiences required larger facilities and the Museum was renovated and expanded. The dramatic new facility, designed by Shope Reno Wharton, opened in 1993. It features 8,000 square feet of gallery space with state-of-the-art amenities. In 1998 the Bruce Museum received accreditation from the American Association of Museums, an honor granted to fewer than 5% of all museums. Drawing from its own collection, from loans and from traveling exhibitions, the Museum hosts approximately 16 exhibitions per year.
Last Updated on